Undergraduate Sandwich Student Placements
The Sandwich Student Scheme is an opportunity for undergraduate students to work within the House of Commons, offering a unique insight into governance and the running of Parliament in general. Students must be enrolled on a four year degree which allows you to complete a Sandwich placement on your third year of study.
We have limited placements for students and these will be advertised ad hoc via our careers portal if they become available.
Register for alerts about Sandwich Student placements at the House of Commons:
To stay updated with any new Sandwich placements we recommend you sign up for job alerts so you don’t miss out on any new opportunities.
To sign up for alerts, register or login to your account on our Careers Portal.
How to set up an alert for Sandwich placements:
- Once logged in to our careers portal click on your name which will be showing on the top right-hand side.
- From the drop-down list, select ‘Alert Centre.’
- To set up a new alert, click on ‘Create New Alert’ for ‘External Opportunities’
- On this page, you’ll be able to create job alerts for any roles you are interested in.
To get alerts on all new Sandwich Placements we recommend you create a broad alert by only selecting these options when building an alert:
- Organisation: House of Commons
- Post Type: Sandwich Student