Working at the House of Commons
The House of Commons a unique and exciting place to work right at the heart of the UK's thriving democratic system.
Behind the scenes, the House of Commons Service is made up of more than 3,000 employees who support and facilitate the smooth day to day running of the House. They provide professional services to Members of Parliament, their staff, and the wider parliamentary community.
If you're looking for a new opportunity and are eager to take on a new challenge, you’ll find a wide range of career opportunities with us.
Opportunities in the House of Commons
We offer a wide variety of interesting and unique opportunities across a variety of areas. The roles we offer range from administrative and executive roles to key onsite support staff. We look for a variety of different skills and experience, both broad and specialist.
As well as our professional opportunities we also offer work experience and apprenticeships at various points of the year.
- Current job vacancies at the House of Commons
- Apprenticeships at the House of Commons
- Work experience at the House of Commons
- Sandwich student placements at the House of Commons
- Offices of the House of Commons
- Inclusive: We value everyone equally. We respect each other and all have a voice.
- Courageous: We try new things. We own our actions and decisions and learn from our mistakes.
- Trusted: We trust each other to do a good job. We’re impartial and build confidence in Parliament through our integrity.
- Collaborative: We share our knowledge and experience. We work towards a shared vision and know we work better in partnership.
Supporting our people
We want the House of Commons to be a great place to work for everyone. We also want people working with us to feel that they can be themselves and they are supported to reach their full potential. We’re committed to:
- Supporting professional and career development.
- Safeguarding health and wellbeing.
- Providing guidance, training, and support to raise awareness and understanding of the benefits and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace.