Tibet: Overseas Aid:Written question - 41071

(Hornsey and Wood Green)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 20 June 2016
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Tibet: Overseas Aid
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what development assistance his Department provides to native Tibetans in that country.
Answered by: Mr Hugo Swire
Answered on: 04 July 2016

The Government regards the Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR) as part of the People’s Republic of China (PRC). We do not provide any development assistance through specific projects in the TAR. Across China, the UK supports projects over a range of priority areas, including torture prevention, abolition of the death penalty, promotion of civil society and of women’s rights. As set out in the FCO’s annual report on human rights and democracy, we assess that our interventions have led to positive change.

Share this page