UK Parliament is taking part in this year's Open House London on Saturday 21 September 2019.
Admission to Portcullis House for Open House London is free to all visitors via the entrance on Victoria Embankment (postcode SW1A 2LW).
Opening hours are 10am to 5pm with last entry at 4.30pm. To avoid disappointment please arrive by 4pm in case of queues.
Entry is on a first come, first served basis. There is no advance booking for this event.
What you can see and do in Portcullis House
- Restoring the Palace of Westminster - Discover how the building will be made fit for the future while protecting its heritage
- Elizabeth Tower - Meet members of the Big Ben team and find out about the history and workings of this iconic clock tower
- Portcullis House - Hear from Hopkins Architects about the construction of the newest building on the Parliamentary Estate
- Works of Art - View the House of Commons contemporary portrait collection and attend some topical curator-led talks
- Family activities - Kids are invited to come and create their own edible architecture
Please note that free access to Portcullis House for Open House London does not include a tour of the Palace of Westminster. You can book a tour for the same day.
Open House London weekend
Open House London is the world’s largest architecture festival, giving free public access to 800+ buildings, walks, talks and tours over one weekend in September each year.