Discover where history is still being made on an audio tour of the Houses of Parliament.
Find out how Parliament works as you travel through the Commons Chamber and the Lords Chamber, follow in the footsteps of the Queen at the State Opening and be inspired by Westminster Hall which is almost 1000 years old.
The audio tour experience takes around 60 to 75 minutes and allows you to go at your own pace.
You can choose from a range of languages when you arrive. If you have any questions there are Visitor Assistants along the tour route to help.
For children aged 7 to 12 we also offer a family version of the tour in English.
When can I go on an audio tour?
You can go on an audio tour on Saturdays throughout the year and most weekdays when Parliament is not in session.
Book tickets now for the following dates:
- Every Saturday until 29 September 2018
- Wednesday to Friday between 25 May and 1 June 2018
- Monday to Friday between 1 and 31 August 2018 (except 27 August 2018)
- Tuesday to Friday between 18 and 28 September 2018
On most days you can follow your tour with Afternoon Tea.
We may occasionally have to change or cancel tours because of the work of Parliament.
How much does an audio tour cost?
Lower prices apply if you book in advance and we offer a free ticket for one child with each paying adult.
- Adults: Advance: £18.50 / Same day: £20.50
- Concessions (over 60s, students with ID, members of the UK Armed Forces with ID): Advance: £16 / Same day: £18
- Children (age 5 to 15): Free with each paying adult but will still need a ticket. Additional children Advance: £7.50 / Same day: £8.50
- Children (under 5): Free but will still need a ticket
- Disabled visitors: Tickets prices as above, escorts are free but will still need a ticket
Group rates apply for groups of 10 people or more if you book in advance.
- Adults: £15
- Children (age 5 to 15): £7.50
There is more information about visiting as a group on the Groups and travel trade page.
How do I book tickets?
You can book online or by phoning +44 (0)20 7219 4114.
You can also buy tickets from the Ticket Office which is open:
- Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm (8.45am to 4.45pm on tour days)
- Saturday 8.45am to 4.45pm
The Ticket Office is located in front of Portcullis House on Victoria Embankment (postcode SW1A 2LW).
What languages can I take the audio tour in?
- Mandarin Chinese
- Brazilian Portuguese
We offer a screen-based version of the audio guide with English sub-titles and BSL signing for visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing.