UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador Programme
As a graduate of Teachers' Institute, you'll become a Teacher Ambassador for Parliament's Education Service. Using free resources provided during the programme, you'll be able to help develop your students' and colleagues' understanding of Parliament and democracy, and benefit from continuing partnership with Parliament's Education Service.
Find out more about the UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador Programme
Immerse yourself in the politics of Parliament with this unique professional development opportunity. Teachers of Government & Politics, Citizenship and related subjects, and other education professionals, can apply to experience an intensive, informative and unforgettable course based at the Houses of Parliament. Parliament covers your travel costs, residential accommodation and most meals. All resources, workshops and events are free of charge.
Teachers' Institute offers:
- A tour of the Palace of Westminster
- The chance to watch debates in the chambers
- Q&A with Members from both Houses
- Informative sessions to improve delegates' knowledge of Parliament and democracy
- Activities that will help to develop classroom resources
- All the resources you'll need as a UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador
- Networking opportunities
Look at a sample Teachers' Institute timetable.
How to Apply
Applications for July Teachers’ Institute are now closed.
Applications for January 2019 Teachers’ Institute will open on 4 September 2018.
For any enquiries about Teachers' Institute or the UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador Programme, please contact email@example.com.