Skip to main content

Short Money

Selected letter S

Short money is the common name given to the financial assistance for Opposition parties in the House of Commons. It is named after Edward Short who first proposed the payments.

Cranborne money is a similar scheme in the House of Lords, named after former Leader of the House of Lords, Viscount Cranborne.

Find out more

What's happening in your Parliament?