Skip to main content

Frontbench (frontbenchers)

Selected letter F

A frontbencher is either a Government minister or an Opposition shadow spokesperson. They are so-called because they occupy the front benches on either side of the Chamber when the House is in session, with other party members - backbenchers - sitting behind them.

Find out more

Who works in Parliament?