Skip to main content

Dissolution of Parliament

The dissolution of Parliament took place on Thursday 30 May 2024. All business in the House of Commons and House of Lords has come to an end. There are currently no MPs and every seat in the Commons is vacant until after the general election on 4 July 2024.

Find out more about:

Deposited Papers

Selected letter D

When a government minister or the Speaker says that they are placing a copy of a document in the Library of either House for the information of Members, the documents are added to a numbered series called Deposited Papers. The vast majority of Deposited Papers are placed by ministers in response to parliamentary questions.

Find out more

What's happening in your Parliament?