Skip to main content

Consolidated Fund

Selected letter C

The Consolidated Fund is the Government's general bank account at the Bank of England. Payments from this account must be authorised in advance by the House of Commons. The Government presents its 'requests' to use this money in the form of Consolidated Fund Bills.

Find out more

What's happening in your Parliament?