UK Parliament will collect information about you when you sign up to email alerts. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Clerk of the House of Commons is the data controller for the purposes of the Act.
When you sign up we collect:
- your email address, subscription preferences and how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on.
- your IP address and details of which version of web browser you are using.
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques.
This information will be used by UK Parliament to:
- send email alerts to users who request them.
- gather feedback to improve our email alerts. We may occasionally contact you to improve our service.
Storing your information:
- we will keep your information indefinitely or until you unsubscribe. If you unsubscribe, we will securely delete your information and never contact you again.
Our email provider: