The Commissioner's remit and contact details
- Investigates allegations that MPs have broken the Rules of Conduct (found in section V paragraphs 11-18 of the House of Commons’ Code of Conduct)
- Oversees complaints from the parliamentary community about harassment, bullying or sexual misconduct by MPs
- Reviews the Code of Conduct and makes recommendations to the Committee on Standards
- Keeps the Register of Members' Financial Interests and three other Registers which the House requires
The Commissioner cannot investigate:
- How an MP has responded to your concerns or the standard of service they have provided
- An MP's views or opinions on social media
- How an MP has voted in Parliament or the policies they do or do not support
- What happens in the House of Commons chamber, this is a matter for Mr Speaker
- Members of the House of Lords, these complaints should be directed to the Lords Commissioners
- Complaints about how Ministers carry out their Ministerial duties, the Ministerial Code is separate to the Code of Conduct
- Complaints about MPs' expenses, this is regulated by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA)
- Data breaches under the GDPR or Data Protection Act 2018, this is a matter for the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
- Any criminal offences, which should be reported to the police
We will not be able to reply substantively to emails about matters which fall outside the Commissioner's remit.
Anyone can contact the Commissioner's office in confidence. We aim to respond to email enquiries within five working days. Please note postal responses may take longer.
When making an allegation, you will need to:
- Provide your name and address
- Explain which rule(s) have been breached and how
- Provide sufficient evidence to justify beginning an inquiry, it will be up to you as the complainant to ensure that your allegation is suitably evidenced.
If the allegation is a matter the Commissioner can investigate as set out in the Procedural Protocol in respect of the Code of Conduct, and if you need a reasonable adjustment to access this complaints procedure, we will where possible accommodate this.
Daniel Greenberg CB
Office of the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards
House of Commons
London SW1A 0AA
Telephone number: 020 7219 3738
For enquiries about the Register of Members' Financial Interests: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries about the All-Party Parliamentary Groups Register: email@example.com
For enquiries about the Register of Interests' of Member's Secretaries and Research Assistants: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquires about the Register of Journalists' Interests: email@example.com
Complaint about the Commissioner's staff: OPCS staff complaints procedure