Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards Office
The Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards in the House of Commons is Kathryn Stone OBE. Her role is
- to provide advice
- to investigate allegations that MPs have broken their Code of Conduct and its supporting rules
- to decide complaints from the parliamentary community about harassment, bullying or sexual harassment by MPs
- to keep the MPs' Code of Conduct under review
- to keep the Register of Members' Financial Interests and the three other Registers which the House requires.
You can contact the Commissioner's office in confidence.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 219 3738.
Some things the Commissioner does not do:
- She cannot investigate complaints about what Ministers have done in their Ministerial role
- She cannot investigate Members of the House of Lords. (This is the task of the Lords Commissioner).
- She cannot investigate complaints about how an MP has dealt with a constituent's concern, or about the level of service they provide
- She cannot investigate complaints about MPs' expenses, or about criminal matters.