Skip to main content

The Commissioner's remit and contact details

The Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards in the House of Commons is Kathryn Stone OBE.

Section V, paragraphs 11 to 18 of the Code of Conduct sets out what the Commissioner can investigate. The rules which support the Code are mostly in the Guide to the Rules which is published with the Code. You can contact the Commissioner's office in confidence.

The Commissioner can:

  • provide advice 
  • investigate allegations that MPs have broken their Code of Conduct and its supporting rules 
  • decide complaints from the parliamentary community about harassment, bullying or sexual harassment by MPs 
  • keep the MPs' Code of Conduct under review 
  • keep the Register of Members' Financial Interests and the three other Registers which the House requires.  

The Commissioner cannot investigate:

  • How an MP has responded to your concerns or the “standard of service” they have provided.
  • An MP's exchanges on social media.
  • How an MP has voted in Parliament or the policies they do or do not support.
  • What happens in the House of Commons chamber. This is for the Speaker.
  • Members of the House of Lords. These complaints should be directed to the Lords Commissioner.
  • Complaints about how Ministers carry out their Ministerial duties. This is regulated through the Ministerial Code, issued by the Prime Minister.  
  • Complaints about MPs' expenses. This is regulated by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA).
  • Any criminal offences, which should be reported to the police.

Contact Us

Telephone number: 020 7219 3738



Postal Address:

Kathryn Stone OBE
Office of the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards
House of Commons
London SW1A 0AA

For enquiries about the Register of Members' Financial Interests:

For enquiries about the All-Party Parliamentary Groups Register:

For enquiries about the Register of Interests' of Member's Secretaries and Research Assistants:

For enquires about the Register of Journalists' Interests:

If you have a complaint about the service we have provided: Complaints about our service