The Package: the main bits
- 30 days annual leave, rising to 35 days after one year
The House of Lords participates in the Civil Service Pension arrangements and offers the choice of two types of Pension Scheme:
- A Defined Benefit Scheme, Alpha, which provides a guaranteed pension income based on your earnings over your career. To underpin this, in addition to your own contributions, the House of Lords will contribute on average 20% of your salary,
- A Defined Contribution Scheme, Partnership, where your benefits are based on contributions and the growth of your pension investment fund. Irrespective of your level of contributions, the House of Lords will pay a minimum of 8% of your salary into your investment fund.
- Access to a range of flexible working options, where possible
- A suite of learning and development opportunities: induction, mandatory training provided for everyone, Graduate Development Programme, Management Development Programme, Talent Management Programme, Mentoring Programme, access to the Civil Service Learning Portal, Career Communities which can allow for shadowing and rotation, building up your knowledge and experience of how the UK Parliament works, plus support for professional qualifications and higher education.
- An on-site gym, hairdressers, post office, travel office and cash machines
- A workplace nursery
- Season ticket loan
- A Parliamentary Health and Wellbeing Service, including access to a dedicated Employee Assistance Programme
- Multi-faith prayer room and Chapel
- Free access to Westminster Abbey
- Current vacancies