UK members of the Committee:
|Mr David T C Davies MP
|Sandra Osborne MP
||Mr Virendra Sharma MP|
|Amber Rudd MP
||Ann Coffey MP|
Terms of reference:
- The committee shall consider questions of equal opportunities for women and men and gender issues.
- The committee shall, in particular, consider: equal opportunities for women and men and activities, policies and legislation related thereto in Council of Europe member and observer states, as well as in the Council of Europe itself and in its bodies; questions of discrimination on the grounds of gender; violence against women, including gender-related crimes such as "honour crimes" and "feminicides"; trafficking in women; sexual and reproductive health issues related to women's rights and freedoms.
- The committee shall follow up on the compliance of the Council of Europe, its bodies, its member and observer states with the recommendations of the Parliamentary Assembly relating to equal opportunities for women and men.
- The committee shall maintain relations with and participate in the meetings of the Network of Parliamentary Committees for Equal Opportunities for Women and Men in the European Union (NCEO).
- The committee shall follow the activities of and maintain working relations with the relevant European and international organisations, such as the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM), the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW), the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) and the OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR).
- The committee shall follow the activities of United Nations world conferences on women and their preparatory conferences at the European level.
- The committee shall represent the Assembly in and follow the work of the relevant intergovernmental expert committees of the Council of Europe.
- The committee shall, on behalf of the Assembly, choose the winners of the Gender Equality Prize.
PACE Committee on Equality and Non-Discrimination