Skip to main content

Contact Us

Contact the Commons Enquiry Service by e-mail

You can email us at We aim to answer emails within one working day of receipt and currently answer over 80 per  cent within this target.

Contact the Commons Enquiry Service by telephone

You can call our telephone enquiry service on 0800 112 4272 (Freephone) or 020 7219 4272 during our opening hours:

  • 10am - 12 midday and 2 - 4pm (Monday to Friday)

  Callers with a text phone can talk through Text Relay by calling 18001 followed by our full number.

Contact the Commons Enquiry Service by post

We will respond to any letters we receive as soon as possible but if your enquiry is urgent, please call or email us.

You can write to us at the following address:

House of Commons Enquiry Service
House of Commons

Editors: we can proof your content

If your publication includes information about the House of Commons please ask us to check your content for accuracy. This service is provided free of charge in the public interest.

Data protection

We manage your personal data in line with Data Protection Legislation.

For the purposes of this notice, the personal data we collect is: your name, email and/or postal address. The lawful basis for processing your personal data is that the processing is necessary for Parliamentary functions. Find out about how we process your personal data and your rights in more detail at House of Commons data protection information.

The retention period for the collection of this personal data is twelve months after which the personal data will be disposed of securely.

For general information about Data Protection please contact the House of Commons Information Rights and Information Security (IRIS) Service whose details can be found in the Privacy Notice

Other useful contacts

Your question is about... Where to find an answer...
The House of Lords Contact House of Lords Communications
The Parliament website Contact
Freedom of Information requests Read Freedom of Information webpages
Media and photography Contact House of Commons Media Relations Team
MPs' pay and expenses Contact the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA) (external site)
Devolved legislatures Read Devolved Parliaments and Assemblies
European Parliament / MEPs Contact European Parliament Information Office in the UK (external site)
Political parties and their polices Contact individual political parties. See Current state of the parties for links.
Registering to vote Read Register to vote

Members of the House of Commons

Enter your postcode to find the name and contact details of your local MP. Members of the House of Commons