This January, join POST for another Annual Reception and celebrate with us a year of achievements in research and policy. This year, in partnership with Sage Publishing, we will be holding a seminar on science diplomacy and an exhibition and reception on polar science. Keynote speeches will be delivered by Sir David Attenborough and Professor Dame Jane Francis.
Science diplomacy seminar
The science diplomacy seminar will start at 2.30pm and will be chaired by Baroness Anelay of St Johns. Panellists will include:
- Professor Carole Mundell, Chief Scientific Adviser, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Professor Klaus Dodds, Professor of Geopolitics, Royal Holloway University of London
- Dr Tim Flink, Social Studies of Science, Humboldt University, Berlin
- Professor Nicole Grobert, University of Oxford and Member of the European Commission's Group of Chief Scientific Advisors
Polar science exhibition
The polar science exhibition and reception will start at 4.30pm. Exhibitors will include:
- The British Antarctic Survey
- The Natural Environment Research Council Arctic Office
- The Scientific Committee for Antarctic Research
- The Centre for Polar Observation and Modelling
- The International Network for Terrestrial Research and Monitoring in the Arctic featuring the Siberian Environmental Change Network
- The All-Party Parliamentary Group for Polar Regions
As we are expecting high interest in this event and need to prioritise access to MPs and Peers and their staff, this is an invite only event. If your office has not received an invitation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.