POST, also known as the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology, is a bicameral body that bridges research and policy.
With more than 30 years of experience in sourcing reliable and up-to-date research evidence for the UK Parliament, POST is one of the first bodies of its kind in the world.
Our flagship briefings are impartial, non-partisan, and peer-reviewed. They cover the areas of biology and health, energy and environment, physical sciences and computing, and social sciences. Timely and forward thinking, they are designed to make scientific research accessible to the UK Parliament.
Beyond that, POST:
- Organises parliamentary horizon scanning activities.
- Offers a range of services to Select Committees.
- Holds seminars and events for UK Parliament and the public.
- Facilitates knowledge exchange between UK Parliament and research communities.
- Develops best practice with legislatures across the globe and supports foreign research advisory bodies.
- Trains the next generation of policy shapers through the POST fellowship schemes.
Find out more about POST