Online training for researchers
We offer free online training sessions for academic researchers and knowledge mobilisers. Recordings and resources from previous sessions, plus dates and booking details for any upcoming training sessions, can be found below.
Watch a recording of any of our online training sessions
Watch one of our focused, practical sessions on how to use research to engage with Parliament. Follow the relevant link below to watch a captioned recording, and access the training slides and accompanying resources for that session. Each session is approximately 30 minutes long (any exceptions noted below).
Sessions tailored for different roles and researcher career stages
- Parliament for Researchers - how to engage with the UK Parliament
- Parliament for Early Career Researchers - how to engage with the UK Parliament
- Parliament for PhD students - how to engage with the UK Parliament
- Parliament for Knowledge Mobilisers - how to support your institution's engagement with the UK Parliament
- Parliament for Academic Librarians (40 minutes long)
Sessions on a range of topics related to engaging with Parliament
- Parliament for Researchers - how to work with select committees
- Parliament for Researchers - exploring select committee evidence (54 minutes long)
- Parliament for Researchers - how to write for a parliamentary audience
- Parliament for Researchers - how to engage with devolved legislatures (58 minutes long; approx 15 minute section on each devolved legislature)
- Policy Engagement for Researchers - how to engage with Government, in contrast to Parliament (50 minutes long)
Upcoming online training sessions
Any new dates will be advertised on this page and on Twitter via @UKParl_Research as soon as confirmed.
If you have any questions around training events for academic researchers, please contact the Knowledge Exchange Unit on email@example.com.