Knowledge Exchange Unit
We support the exchange of information and expertise between researchers and the UK Parliament. Working with higher education and beyond, we facilitate and strengthen this exchange of knowledge in a variety of ways.
Resources and support we offer
- A first point of contact for any researcher wishing to work with or find out more about UK Parliament
- Training through 'Parliament for Researchers', our monthly regional training events for researchers and those working in higher education
- @UKParl_Research Twitter feed, bringing together opportunities, information and advice for researchers and a platform to interact with teams across UK Parliament
- Online resources about why and how to engage with UK Parliament
- We are working to develop relationships between UK Parliament and networks and organisations in the research community
- We are liaising with Research England on Research Excellence Framework (REF) and Knowledge Exchange Framework (KEF), to ensure understanding of knowledge exchange and impact in legislatures
Our work with fellow knowledge mobilisers
- We have a growing network of knowledge mobilisers, such as university KE staff, impact officers or policy managers, or policy-focused intermediaries in organisations such as learned societies or professional bodies. We work with this network to support researcher engagement, communicate key opportunities and information around engaging with Parliament, and understand the priorities, needs and challenges of the research sector. If you occupy one of these roles, we would love you to join our network: please email us on email@example.com to let us know you'd like to join.
For more information about the Knowledge Exchange Unit, or advice on working with UK Parliament as a researcher, contact the Knowledge Exchange team.
- Dr Sarah Foxen, Knowledge Exchange Lead
- Naomi Saint, Knowledge Exchange Manager
- Dr Laura Webb, Knowledge Exchange Manager