Access to affordable housing in rural areas examined by Committee
6 November 2018
The Rural Economy Committee takes evidence on the impact of affordable housing shortages in rural areas and its impact on the local economy.
Tuesday 6 November in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Monica Burns, External Affairs Manager and Rural Lead, National Housing Federation
- Chris Carr, Federation of Master Builders
- Martin Collett, Chairman, Rural Housing Alliance
- Mr Hugh Ellis, Interim Chief Executive, Town and Country Planning Association
- Professor Gavin Parker, Professor of Planning Studies, University of Reading
- Mr Matt Thomson, Head of Planning, Campaign to Protect Rural England
- What is the role of neighbourhood planning in rural housing delivery and how might take-up be further encouraged?
- Will the recent changes to the NPPF will deliver for rural areas, including in terms of rural housing supply and the delivery of rural affordable housing?
- What are the main challenges private builders face in delivering homes in rural locations, and how might these challenges be addressed?
- Could Homes England be doing more to help deliver housing in rural areas?