Tourism and hospitality industries give evidence to Committee
11 September 2018
The Regenerating Seaside Towns Committee takes evidence from two panels of witnesses from the UK's tourism and hospitality industries.
Tuesday 11 September in Committee Room 2A, Palace of Westminster
At approximately 3.20pm
- Patricia Yates, Director of Strategy and Communication, VisitBritain
- Anthony Pickles, Head of Tourism Affairs, VisitBritain
At approximately 4.00pm
- Kate Nicholls, CEO, UKHospitality
- Simon Longbottom, Chief Executive, Stonegate
- Alex Flach, Construction Director, Whitbread.
Questions the Committee is likely to ask include:
- What are the current trends in tourism in the UK? What could this mean for the future of seaside towns and communities?
- What is being done nationally to support tourism and promote the visitor economy in seaside towns?
- How has the Government's Discover England Fund been used to support tourism projects in coastal areas?
- Can the Government's Industrial Strategy strengthen the UK's tourism industry?
- How does the hospitality industry support seaside economies?
- What are the biggest challenges faced by the hospitality industry in seaside towns and communities? How can these be addressed?
- How should the hospitality industry capitalise on the recent rise in 'staycations'?
- What part can the hospitality industry play in improving employment and skills in seaside towns?