Coastal Communities Minister to give evidence to Committee
17 December 2018
Jake Berry MP, Minister for the Northern Powerhouse and Local Growth, will be giving evidence on Tuesday 18 December 2018 to the Regenerating Seaside Towns Committee.
Tuesday 18 December in Committee Room 2A, Palace of Westminster
At approximately 3.25pm
- Mr Jake Berry MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Minister for the Northern Powerhouse and Local Growth, MHCLG
Questions the Committee is likely to ask include:
- Should the challenges of seaside communities be recognised in a more strategic way by Government?
- Is the Government planning to give local authorities more powers or financial flexibility to improve poor quality houses in multiple occupation (HMOs)?
- How will the development of local industrial strategies ensure that coastal areas benefit from efforts to improve local economic prosperity?
- How will the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government ensure that the Shared Prosperity Fund meets the needs of coastal communities that were previously supported by EU regional funding?
- What does the Government expect the priorities of the potential Tourism Sector Deal to be?
- Would the Government ever consider reducing VAT for certain tourism related activities to help the tourism industry?