Local government representatives give evidence to Committee
17 July 2018
The Select Committee on Regenerating Seaside Towns and Communities will hear from representatives of the Local Government Association and the Elected Mayor of Torbay.
Tuesday 17 July in Committee Room 2A, Palace of Westminster
- Andy Smith, Chairman, LGA Coastal Special Interest Group
- Bill Parker, Lead Officer, LGA Coastal Special Interest Group
- Gordon Oliver, Elected Mayor, Torbay Council.
Questions the Committee is likely to ask include:
- Are there any common barriers that local authorities come up against when undertaking regeneration projects in seaside towns and communities?
- What impact do local governance structures have on the ability of local authorities to promote and deliver regeneration?
- How can the cost effectiveness and long-term impact of investment in regeneration projects be ensured?
- The Committee has heard evidence about the challenges across all levels of the education and skills system in seaside towns. How can this be addressed?