Coastal teams give evidence on economic growth of seaside towns
10 July 2018
The Select Committee on Regenerating Seaside Towns hears from practitioners in coastal communities.
Tuesday 10 July in Committee Room 2A, Palace of Westminster
At 3.25pm the Committee will hear from:
- Nicola Radford, Lead Officer, Coastal Communities Alliance
- Bridget Betts, Environmental Advice Team Leader for Dorset County Council and representative from the Dorset Coastal Community Team
- Helen Thompson, Investment Manager Partnership & Engagement, North East Lincolnshire Council and representative of North East Lincolnshire Coastal Communities Team.
Questions the Committee is likely to ask include:
- What are the core aims of the Coastal Communities Alliance?
- How will seaside towns and communities benefit from the Government's Industrial Strategy?
- Does the Coastal Communities Fund provide enough resource to support meaningful changes? Is the bidding process transparent enough and easy to engage with? Does the Fund need to change?
- What other sources of funding are available to support the regeneration of seaside towns and communities?
- Are there any examples of interventions that have successfully stimulated local economic growth?