Lawyers' organisations questioned by Committee
8 September 2015
On Tuesday 8 September, the Select Committee on the Equality Act 2010 and Disability ask representatives from the Bar Council, the Law Society, the Discrimination Law Association and the Law Centres Network how well the Equality Act 2010 is being enforced.
Tuesday 8 September, Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster
- Rachel Crasnow QC, Bar Council
- Lucy Scott-Moncrieff CBE, Law Society
- Barbara Cohen, Discrimination Law Association
- Douglas Johnson, Law Centres Network
Questions that the committee is likely to put to the witnesses include:
- Is there evidence to show that potential employment discrimination claimants are being deterred by new tribunal fees?
- Have changes to legal aid helped in this regard?
- Could alternative enforcement models work better?
- How should the public sector equality duties be better executed or enshrined?
- What is your view on the Equality and Human Rights Commission and their role in enforcing the Act?
Image: Parliamentary copyright