How can we get better design in the built environment?
13 October 2015
The House of Lords Select Committee on National Policy for the Built Environment takes evidence from David Tittle, Chair of the Design Network and David Waterhouse, Head of Strategic Development, Design Council CABE.
The evidence session takes place on Thursday 15 October in Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster.
- David Tittle, Chair, Design Network and Chief Executive, Made West Midlands
- David Waterhouse, Head of Strategic Development, CABE at Design Council
Areas of discussion
Topics are expected to include:
- Who should be responsible for providing national leadership on design in the built environment?
- How effectively does the market for design review services operate?
- What impact has the National Planning Policy Framework had upon design standards?
- What role should DCLG be playing in promoting high standards of design?
- How effective is public participation in decision-making on the built environment?