Financial crime expert and lawyers give evidence to pre-legislative inquiry
4 March 2019
The Joint Select Committee on the Draft Registration of Overseas Entities Bill today hears evidence to consider the impact and consequences of the draft Bill
- Parliament TV: Joint Select Committee on the Draft Registration of Overseas Entities Bill
- Joint Select Committee on the Draft Registration of Overseas Entities Bill
Monday, 4 March, Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Tom Keatinge - Director at the Centre for Financial Crime and Security Studies
- Professor Jonathan Fisher QC - Barrister, Bright Line Law
- John Condliffe - Partner, Hogan Lovells and Member of the Investment Property Forum, Regulation and Legislation Group
- What is your assessment of the scale of the problem of money laundering in the UK property market?
- What impact do you envisage that the draft Bill will have on the UK property market?
- What impact is the Bill likely to have on existing owners of UK property?
- Are there likely to be any adverse consequences to innocent third parties?
- What changes, if any, would you make to the draft Bill?