Primary care inquiry announced
30 July 2015
The House of Commons Health Committee is inviting written submissions on the challenges affecting primary care services in England.
The Committee aims to consider whether the Department of Health and its arms' length bodies have the plans and policies in place now to ensure that high quality care is consistently available to patients at the point of need.
Scope of the inquiry
The Committee is considering issues such as:
- The quality and standards of care for patients
- Demand and access (including out of hours access and proposals for 7 day access)
- Funding (including local and national distribution of resourcing)
- Future models of care as piloted by the Five Year Forward View Vanguards
- Workforce: current and future challenges (including recruitment, retention, training, skill mix, contractual models, workload and pay).
Submissions are invited from anyone with an interest in the problems and opportunities facing primary care by Thursday 3 September 2015.
The Committee expects to hear oral evidence in October and November.