Future of primary care: role of nurses, pharmacists and physiotherapists
5 November 2015
The Health Committee examines the role that nurses, pharmacists and physiotherapists can play in the future primary care team and the barriers to multidisciplinary working.
Tuesday 10 November, Committee Room 19, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Karen Middleton CBE, Chief Executive, Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Sandra Gidley, English Pharmacy Board Chair, Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Janet Davies, Chief Executive and General Secretary, Royal College of Nursing
- Candace Imison, Director of Healthcare Systems, Nuffield Trust
- Professor Chris Ham CBE, Chief Executive, The King's Fund
Purpose of the session
The Committee take evidences on the merits of the Government's existing workforce policy and examines the patient benefits that could be derived from bringing additional healthcare professions into the heart of general practice.