Childhood obesity strategy evidence session
7 October 2015
The Health Committee holds the first evidence session of its childhood obesity strategy inquiry.
Tuesday 13 October 2015, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Dr Paul Darragh, Board of Science, British Medical Association
- Professor Graham MacGregor, Chairman, Action on Sugar
- Malcolm Clark, Co-ordinator, Children's Food Campaign
And at 10.30am
- Andrew Opie, Director of Food and Sustainability, British Retail Consortium
- Ian Wright, Director General, Food and Drink Federation
- Chris Snowdon, Director of Lifestyle Economics, Institute for Economic Affairs
Purpose of the inquiry
This short inquiry is building on the previous Committee's work on the impact of diet and physical activity on health. It specifically considers what the Government's policy priorities should be for addressing childhood obesity.
- Previous Health Committee inquiry: Physical activity and diet
- About Parliament: Select committees
- Visiting Parliament: Watch committees