Ministry of Housing Permanent Secretary questioned by Committee
15 January 2018
The Communities and Local Government Committee questions Melanie Dawes, Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government, on the Department's Annual Report and Accounts for the last financial year.
- Inquiry: Department for Communities and Local Government Annual Report and Accounts 2016-17
- Communities and Local Government Committee
Purpose of the session
Questions are likely to range right across the responsibilities of the Department, which was renamed following the cabinet reshuffle earlier this week.
MPs will have the opportunity to ask about the Government's housing market reforms as well as its response to the Grenfell Tower fire in June. The role of the Department in the Brexit negotiations, adult social care policy and business rates reform may also be discussed.
Monday 15 January at 4.15pm, Room TBC
- Melanie Dawes, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG)
- Dr Jo Farrar, Director General, Local Government and Public Services, MHCLG
- Tamara Finkelstein, Director General, Building Safety, MHCLG