Sajid Javid questioned on Housing White Paper and business rates
19 April 2017
The Communities and Local Government Committee questions Rt Hon Sajid Javid MP about the Housing White Paper and business rates.
- Watch Parliament TV: Evidence session with Sajid Javid MP
- Inquiry: Housing White Paper and Business rates
- Inquiry: Capacity in the homebuilding industry
- Communities and Local Government Committee
Wednesday 19 April 2017, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Rt Hon Sajid Javid MP, Secretary of State, Department for Communities and Local Government
Purpose of the session
The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government is asked about the Government's Housing White Paper, published in February 2017, what it means for the Green Belt, small and medium size builders, and workforce and skills.
Mr Javid also faces questions about the progress of the Government's proposals for local authorities to retain 100 per cent of business rates as well as the recent revaluation.
The Committee has been conducting an inquiry into capacity in the homebuilding industry and is due to publish a report in the coming months.
The Committee has also been scrutinising the Government over business rates and published an interim report last year on issues relating to 100 per cent retention. The impact of business rates on councils is also likely to be an area of future work for the Committee.
Image: Parliamentary copyright