Business rates: Government proposals scrutinised
22 February 2016
The Communities and Local Government Committee holds an overview session on the current system for business rates, the Government's proposals for full retention of business rates and their likely impact, and the additional responsibilities councils could take on as a result of a potential increase in revenue from business rates.
- Watch Parliament TV: Business rates
- Inquiry: Business rates
- Communities and Local Government Committee
Monday 22 February 2016, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- David Phillips, Senior Research Economist, Institute for Fiscal Studies
- Dr Kevin Muldoon-Smith, Associate Lecturer and Researcher, Northumbria University
- Simon Parker, Director, New Local Government Network
The Committee is holding an inquiry on the Government's proposals to allow authorities to retain 100 per cent of business rates by 2020.