This pack includes teaching ideas and planning resources for students to help to prepare them to confidently debate.
- Citizenship KS3/4 – Democracy, government and the rights and responsibilities of citizens
- Citizenship Studies KS3/4 – Democracy at work in the UK
- Social Studies – Political decision making
- Citizenship Studies KS4 – Democracy at work in the UK
- Government and Politics KS4 – Democracy in Action
Get Debating worksheets - PDF version
Get Debating worksheets - Word version
These teachers' notes offer suggestions on how to use the Get Debating worksheets in the classroom.
pdf file - 708 KB
Additional supporting resources (SEND accessible)
Choosing a good debate, Glossary, Moderator prompt sheet, Sorting exercise, Organising an argument.
Vocabulary (SEND accessible)
Pre-learning vocab sheet
Teacher notes (SEND accessible)
Use with SEND students.
Grid demonstrating how the Get Debating worksheets relate to the curricula for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
doc file - 465 KB