About the Seminars
Seminars are held throughout the academic year, ranging from general introductory days to specialist themed events. They are free of charge and designed for education professionals. Parliament covers travel expenses for those in the state or voluntary/charitable education sector. Lunch is provided.
Read our terms and conditions for more information on travel expenses
Types of Seminar
We offer three types of seminar. All provide new ideas for Citizenship, Government & Politics and SMSC as well as include talks from current members of the House of Commons and the House of Lords. Please note that seminar itineraries may occasionally need to be rearranged at short notice due to the varied nature of parliamentary business.
- General - Includes a tour of the Palace of Westminster, Q&A sessions and an overview of Parliament's Education Service.
- A-level - Reflects the A-level syllabus and is designed for teachers of A-level Politics.
- Bespoke - For groups of at least 10. Includes a tour of the Palace of Westminster and a tailored workshop adapted to suit your requirements. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in arranging a bespoke seminar.
The next seminar dates are:
- General Seminar - 12th March 2019, 9am - 4pm
- A-Level Specialist Seminar - 11th June 2019, 9am - 4pm
How to Book
To book your place on our General Seminar please click here to register.
To book your place on our A-Level Specialist Seminar please click here to register.
For all bookings we operate a first come, first served policy based on the date that we receive your booking form. For any enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parliament has partnered with FutureLearn, the social learning platform to offer a variety of courses on the work and role of the UK Parliament. Through video, discussion and case studies you can develop your understanding of the work of the House of Commons and the House of Lords, how laws are made and how Parliament is evolving. The courses are great for CPD but are also suitable for older students looking to enhance their understanding of Parliament and Government.
Find out more and enrol on one of our online courses