FCO Services operates as a trading fund of the FCO. I have set it the following performance targets for 2018-2019:
1. A return on capital employed of at least 3.5% (statutory commitment)
2. An in-year surplus before financing and dividend costs
3. A productivity ratio of at least 80%, measuring actual billable hours vs. available billable hours
4. A customer satisfaction result of at least 80%
5. A Your Say score for “Employee Engagement” measuring above 58%
6. A Your Say score for “My Manager”, measuring above 62%
FCO Services will report to Parliament on its success against these targets through its Annual Report and Accounts for 2018-2019.
FCO Services is a Trading Fund of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). It provides a range of integrated, secure services worldwide to the FCO and other UK Government departments, supporting the delivery of government agendas. Services include protective security, estates and construction, cloud computing, communications and monitoring, logistics, translation and interpreting. This is combined with a portfolio of global maintenance work. FCO Services also manages the UK National Authority for Counter Eavesdropping (UK NACE), helping protect UK assets from physical, electronic and cyber-attack.
This statement has also been made in the House of Lords: