My hon. Friend the Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (Lord O'Shaughnessy) has made the following statement:
The Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs Council will meet on 8 December in Brussels.
For the health part of the meeting there will be three main agenda items on the Draft Council Conclusions on Health in Digital Society; the Draft Council Conclusions on the cross border aspects in alcohol policy; and Pharmaceutical Policy in the EU – which will cover the following:
- Report on the State of Paediatric Medicines in the EU – 10 Years of the EU Paediatric Regulation – Information by the commission.
- Issues related to European Patients Access to treatment – Information from the Romanian Delegation.
- Lack of drug availability in Greece – Information from the Greek delegation.
Under Any Other Business, there will also be reports on:
- Valproate and teratogenic medicinal products – Information from the Belgian delegation.
- State of Health in the EU – Information from the Commission, OECD, and the European Observatory.
- Annual Growth Survey 2018 – Information from the Commission.
- Steering Group on Health Promotion, Disease Prevention and Management of Non-Communicable Disease – Information from the Commission.
- Outcome of the high level meeting ‘AMR: One Health Action Plan and evidence based policy making’ (Brussels, 23 November 2017) – Information from the Presidency.
- Work Programme of the Incoming Presidency – Information from the Bulgarian Delegation.
This statement has also been made in the House of Lords: