Housing: Older People:Written question - HL14877

Asked by Lord Shipley
Asked on: 27 March 2019
Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
Housing: Older People
To ask Her Majesty's Government when they intend to issue guidance to local authorities on the provision of specialist housing for older people as required under the Neighbourhood Planning Act 2017; and what consultation they have undertaken with providers of specialist housing for older people to inform that guidance.
Answered on: 10 April 2019

In the revised National Planning Policy Framework, published in July 2018, we strengthened policy to create a clear expectation that all local authorities have policies in place for addressing the housing needs of older people. The number of authorities with detailed planning guidance on the provision of specialist housing for older people is not recorded. We will publish further planning guidance, to assist councils to put these policies in place, in accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning Act commitment. We have undertaken extensive engagement in relation to the guidance, including discussions with a range of local authorities, charities and house builder representatives to identify and discuss the key issues. We will publish the guidance in due course.

Grouped Questions: HL14878

Share this page