High Rise Flats: Insulation:Written question - 60754

Asked by Julie Elliott
(Sunderland Central)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 17 June 2020
Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
High Rise Flats: Insulation
To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, what assessment he has made of the safety of cladding on high rise buildings in England.
Answered by: Christopher Pincher
Answered on: 22 June 2020

The Government has made clear that building safety is the responsibility of the building owner.

Acting on advice from the Expert Panel, the Government has commissioned research to support further understanding of the fire performance of external wall systems and cladding materials :

We have published advice (updated in January 2020) to building owners on the actions they should take with regards to external wall systems and managing the safety of buildings of all heights.

Share this page