Entry Clearances: Overseas Students:Written question - 43143

Asked by Emma Hardy
(Kingston upon Hull West and Hessle)
Asked on: 04 May 2020
Home Office
Entry Clearances: Overseas Students
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, whether EU/EEA nationals entering the UK for full-time study at a UK university in academic year 2020-21 will be required to apply for a Tier 4 visa.
Answered by: Kevin Foster
Answered on: 11 May 2020

EEA nationals arriving in the UK prior to the end of the transition period (31 December 2020) will be able to enter the UK on the basis of free movement. EEA nationals arriving on this basis will be able to apply for settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

This information is already available on the Government website by following this link:


Any EEA national intending to enter the UK after January 2021, for the purposes of study, will be required to apply for a visa under the student route.

Share this page