Calais: Refugees:Written question - 27630

Asked on: 10 March 2020
Home Office
Calais: Refugees
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what representations she has made to his European counterparts on finding suitable homes for displaced refugee (a) children and (b) families living in Calais; and what steps she is taking to support efforts to find those homes.
Answered by: Chris Philp
Answered on: 18 March 2020

The living conditions and reception arrangements of migrants in France are a matter for the French government.

However, UK Government ministers and officials regularly meet their French counterparts to discuss our close cooperation on tackling illegal migration under the Sandhurst Treaty framework, which includes UK support to the French asylum system to improve access by vulnerable migrants.

Share this page