Mycoplasma Genitalium and Trichomoniasis: Testing:Written question - 13073

Asked by James Murray
(Ealing North)
Asked on: 05 February 2020
Department of Health and Social Care
Mycoplasma Genitalium and Trichomoniasis: Testing
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, will he take steps to ensure that health clinics in England are funded to test for (a) mycoplasma genitalium and (b) trichomoniasis.
Answered by: Jo Churchill
Answered on: 13 February 2020

The Government provides funding to local authorities for public health services, including sexual health services, through the public health grant. It is for local authorities to determine how the public health grant is allocated in their local areas to meet their needs. Sexual health service providers should ensure commissioned services are in line with current national guidance, standards of training and care and quality indicators. British Association for Sexual Health and HIV guidelines recommend testing for mycoplasma genitalium and trichomonas vaginalis where clinically indicated. Further information is available at the following link:

The Department has made no estimate of the cost of treating antibiotic resistant gonorrhoea and treating strains of gonorrhoea that are not resistant to commonly used antimicrobials.

Grouped Questions: 13074

Share this page