An error has been identified in the written answer given on 09 January 2020.
The correct answer should have been:
The following table shows Unexpected Death and Serious Injury Notifications raised against 'Residential social care home' locations with a Service User Band of 'Learning disabilities or autistic spectrum disorder', from 1 April 2010, provided by the Care Quality Commission:
Number of Notifications
16-1 Unexpected Death
18-2a,b Serious Injury
- The data does not indicate whether a notification relates directly to someone with a learning disability or autism, only that the location has the Service User Band of 'Learning disabilities or autistic spectrum disorder'. A location may have more than one Service User Band.
- 'Residential social care home' locations are defined as locations with a Primary Inspection Category of 'Residential social care', or with an Organisation Type of 'Social Care Organisation' and any of the Service Types 'Care home services with nursing', 'Care home services without nursing' or 'Specialist college services'
- This data is at location level only.
- The data for 2010 reflects both an incomplete year of reporting, i.e. from 1 April 2010, and from a starting point of data from the National Health Service providers alone, before social care and independent healthcare providers across the United Kingdom England were included.
- Data for 2020 is up to and including 7 January.