Hong Kong: Police:Written question - 279392

(Orkney and Shetland)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 19 July 2019
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Hong Kong: Police
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what (a) training, (b) capacity building and (c) assistance (i) the UK Government and (ii) Scotland Yard provides to the Hong Kong Police Force.
Answered by: Mrs Heather Wheeler
Answered on: 09 August 2019
Holding answer received on 06 August 2019

In recent years, UK law enforcement agencies have provided training and assistance to the Hong Kong Police Force in a number of areas, including illicit finance and traffic policing. UK law enforcement agencies maintain regular engagement with the Hong Kong Police Force in the course of information exchange and joint investigations of serious and organised crime – as they do with counterparts throughout the world. All cooperation with overseas partners – including those in Hong Kong – is conducted under the Overseas Security and Justice Assistance (OSJA) risk management system, which is used across Government to assess human rights risks.

Share this page