Driving: Medical Examinations:Written question - 261519

Asked by Patrick Grady
(Glasgow North)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 07 June 2019
Department for Transport
Driving: Medical Examinations
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, how many DVLA centres are licensed to complete D4 medical examination reports.
Answered by: Michael Ellis
Answered on: 12 June 2019

The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) does not license centres or doctors to complete D4 medical examination reports. The D4 medical examination and report must be conducted by a qualified medical practitioner who is registered with the General Medical Council and licensed to practice in the UK, or registered within the EU (if the form is completed outside the UK). The examining practitioner must carry out the examination in accordance with requirements outlined in DVLA guidance.

Share this page