Property: Sales:Written question - 252851

(Bristol West)
Asked on: 10 May 2019
Department for Work and Pensions
Property: Sales
To ask the Secretary of State Work and Pensions, whether her Department has plans to make an assessment of the potential merits of amending legislation on the transfer of ownership of high hazard sites to third parties.
Answered by: Justin Tomlinson
Answered on: 20 May 2019

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is responsible for the Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations 2015 (COMAH) which require the Competent Authority (which is HSE and the relevant environmental body acting jointly) to be notified in the event of certain changes about a site, including its permanent closure or change of operator name.

HSE has no plans to amend this legislation.

Share this page