Immigration: EU Nationals:Written question - 249331

(Glasgow North West)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 01 May 2019
Home Office
Immigration: EU Nationals
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what consultation the Government has had with EU students in Scotland on the European temporary leave to remain scheme.
Answered by: Caroline Nokes
Answered on: 07 May 2019

The transitional arrangements under European Temporary Leave to Remain will only be required in the event that the UK leaves the EU without securing a deal. The Government has been clear that leaving the EU with a deal remains our top priority.

The Government has regular contact with representatives of the education sector, and the Scottish Government, and will continue to consult with the relevant stakeholders during the course of our 12 month engagement with stakeholders on the UK’s future skills-based immigration system.

As we move towards the future system, the Government will continue to consult with internal stakeholders to ensure that operational capability is given due consideration as we build an immigration system that works for the whole of the UK, including the education sector.

Grouped Questions: 249330 | 249332 | 249333

Share this page