Immigration: Windrush Generation:Written question - 240654

Asked by Afzal Khan
(Manchester, Gorton)
Asked on: 03 April 2019
Home Office
Immigration: Windrush Generation
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, which independent third party organisation will provide assistance to claimants of the Windrush compensation scheme.
Answered by: Caroline Nokes
Answered on: 08 April 2019

Claimants requiring assistance who meet the compensation scheme eligibility criteria will be referred by the Windrush Helpline to Citizens Advice, which has been contracted to assist claimants with completion of the form and gathering evidence. After referral the claimant will be contacted to arrange an appointment in person or over the phone, where the claimant is in the UK. Claimants overseas may be referred for an appointment over the phone, which will be at no cost to the claimant.

Share this page