Social Rented Housing: Tenants:Written question - 229640

Asked by John Healey
(Wentworth and Dearne)
Asked on: 07 March 2019
Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
Social Rented Housing: Tenants
To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, whether he has plans for a national tenant-led consultation with tenants on how to set up a national tenant body.
Answered by: James Brokenshire
Answered on: 14 March 2019

The Social Housing Green Paper was created through dialogue with social housing residents around the country. The Paper asks if there is a need for stronger representation of residents’ voices at both local and national levels and what more can be done to ensure that residents know about opportunities to get involved. We want to ensure a more consistent picture across the country of genuine engagement with residents, to ensure they have influence over decisions that affect their lives. We are currently analysing responses to the Social Housing Green Paper and will publish our response in due course.

Grouped Questions: 229638 | 229639

Share this page