Common Travel Area: Education:Written question - 229265

Asked by Conor McGinn
(St Helens North)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 06 March 2019
Department for Education
Common Travel Area: Education
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, pursuant to the answer of 19 June 2018 to Question 153188, whether reciprocal rights to study will include (a) third level education and (b) schooling; and whether those rights will cover cross-border provision across the Irish land border.
Answered by: Chris Skidmore
Answered on: 11 March 2019

Under the Common Travel Area arrangements, British and Irish citizens have the right to access all levels of education in either state on terms no less favourable than those available to the citizens of that state. Both the UK and Irish governments have committed to taking steps to ensure that this continues after the UK leaves the EU.

These rights will continue to cover cross-border provision across the Irish land border.

Share this page